Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SHADOW LEGION CASTING CALL PART ONE

Yeah, that’s right....it’s time for that ‘killing time’ segment all authors with a series do.  As we wait for Shadow Legion: The Shape Of Fears To Come to be released and I work on not one but two Legion novels, I’m going to do some fantasy booking and tell you who I would cast in a Shadow Legion movie.

And we begin with what has become The Legion’s most popular character--at least judging from the number of stories people have demanded about her--Maybelle ‘Dreamcatcher’ Tremens.

Anyone who’s listened to the podcast I co-host with Derrick Ferguson, Better In The Dark, might not be surprised to learn that I patterned Maybelle after Hammer Films icon Caroline Munro.  Hell, the depiction of our favorite sorceress with a white streak through her dark hair is a conscious tip of the hat to that timeless beauty.  And if the Shadow Legion had been created in the 70‘s or early 80‘s, she would be my choice.

However, we are talking about casting someone in the here and now.  And I have to also keep the cast relatively in the same age as each other.  I’ve always pictured the quartet of heroes that are my protagonists as being in their late 20's or early 30's, so I’m going for actors in this general vicinity.  And since I’m also a person who claims exact looks don’t matter as long as the essence is there, I’m not bound by casting exact replicas.

Which is why, for Maybelle, I would choose 38 year old English actress--and original member of The Better In The Dark Hottie Hall Of Fame--Rhona Mitra.

Yes, I will admit that Ms. Mitra might be a touch older than my stated age range (even though she’s only five years older than my choice for The Black Talon), but she beats out another Hottie Hall of Famer for a number of reasons.  I think she’s always had this air of  elegance that I always imagined Maybelle as having (I love how one reviewer for ‘Jolly With A Pistol,’ the Dreamcatcher story for this year’s Pulpwork Christmas Annual, referred to her as ‘nattily dressed.’), but with this undercurrent of fierceness that I imagine someone in a committed relationship with The Black Talon would have.  Plus she’s got these long, wavy tresses like I’ve always imagined her as having that would look great with a white streak through it.  Sure, her hair is more brown than black, but I can deal with that little variant.  I can just imagine her in Dreamcatcher’s signature ‘battlecoat’ over her heroing uniform...and to be fair, given that her uniform is mainly khaki shorts and a white shirt, I know Rhona ‘they based Lara Croft on me’ Mitra can rock that outfit perfectly.

What do you think?  Do you agree or disagree with my choice?  Who would you cast?  Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post — I’m definitely curious if you’d recommend the same spots in general for single women. I really love the advice... I love the topic and how thorough you are – love your writing.Listen to Nocturne Travel Agency Podcast episodes free, on demand. In this episode of the Nocturne Travel Agency Podcast, Thomas sits down with comic book.more

    online travel agency

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have just visited your site and the info you have covered has been of great interest to me. Some of the suggestions you have given have enabled me to apply my own thought process to afford a greater understanding of the issue. Some info that is provided on the Web is not very useful but yours has been worthwhile. Some of the points you have raised will assist me greatly. Incidentally, I like the way you have structured your site, it is super and very easy to follow. I have bookmarked you and will be back regularly. Thank you
    Umrah Packages from Bangladesh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to shearing this post. This blog is amazing and interest to read your blog. We just wanna inform you, Traveling BD Bangladesh. You can visit this place in a suitable budget by dealing with traveling bd, a travel agency with great offers for tours. We are looking for a great travel agency, who is passionate about traveling. The goal is to keep our clients satisfied and loyal for future services.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Reservation booking agent helps individuals, families, and businesses plan their next big trip. Travel agencies typically offer a wide variety of services, including flights, car rentals, and hotels. They also provide help with itineraries, accommodation, tours, and activities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I just went to your awesome website, and wow, the stuff you have is so cool! I really liked reading it, you know? Some of the ideas you shared got my brain gears turning, and now I understand things even better. You know, there's a lot of stuff on the internet that's not that fun, but your site is totally worth it. Your points are like magic spells that'll help me big time. Oh, and I gotta say, your site looks super duper amazing! It's like a treasure map that's super easy to follow. I've even saved it in my special bookmarks, so I can come back for more fun stuff. See you real soon!
    Best Cheap 4-day Kashmir Tour Packages from Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exploring your options when weather disrupts travel plans is crucial. Stay informed, rebook promptly, and make the most of the unexpected.

    ReplyDelete